Frequently Asked Questions
General questions about our service and properties we offer on this website:
- Where and what types of land does Sanctuary Abode seek out?
- Why are the properties discounted so much on this site?
- How are the properties on this site different from ones I’d find on the MLS?
- Can I use bank financing to buy these properties?
- Are you a real estate agency?
- How do I make an offer and complete the purchase on a property?
- What is the typical closing process for an All-Cash sale?
- What is the process for an Owner Financed Terms sale?
- Are there back taxes or liens involved?
- Can I go see the property?
- What about zoning and land use restrictions?
Q: Where and what types of land does Sanctuary Abode seek out?
A: Our specialty is on vacant, undeveloped parcels in the Western states, that is mostly focused on Eastern Washington, Eastern Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana. Some properties may have utilities (i.e. sewer, water, power, or a well). Some will be without improvements. If the properties we offer have any improvements or utilities, they will be listed in the property characteristics descriptions.
Q: Why are the properties discounted so much on this site?
A: You’ll find investment properties on this site discounted 20-50% because our marketing puts us in touch with land owners who are wanting to sell their property direct without being involved with a drawn out process that involves them paying substantial fees, commissions, and closing costs to middle parties. We then sell direct by owner, cutting out middle parties, and passing the discounts along to you. Throw in our no-qualification owner financing on many of our properties, and you have a win-win all around.
Q: How are the properties on this site different from ones I’d find on the MLS?
A: The MLS is the “Multiple Listing Service” which is where real estate agents list properties for sale. We work directly with the land owners because many times we’re able to help them solve their needs more quickly and cheaper than listing it on the MLS.
Q: Can I use bank financing to buy these properties?
A: We work with investors who buy in many different ways. However, we tend to work with people who can close quickly, so most of our clients pay cash. However, if you are pre-approved with a bank and can close quickly… we’ll consider all offers. If you need financing to buy a property you see on our site, contact us today because we have land owner financing available on some of our properties. Typically banks will not lend on unimproved land, and is one of the ways we make land affordable to buy. How you ask? By offering Seller Financing options on many of our properties at 0% interest and with no qualifying, and no prepayment penalty (a 10% discount also applies to the balance due when a financed property is paid off early).
Q: Are you a real estate agency?
A: We are not an agency and do not list properties for a commission as licensed real estate agents. We only advertise land we own or have an equitable interest in.
Q: How do I make an offer and complete the purchase on a property?
A: Contact us directly (Contact Page) by phone or email. Phone is quickest, and we’ll answer your questions so you feel 100% comfortable and confident in your decisions. Properties go to the first party that secures it. We take one-time payments in many forms (Cash, Check, Cashier’s Check, Wire Transfer, Credit/Debit Card and electronic ACH transfer). For recurring payments on our owner finance arrangements, we typically will use ACH automated payment arrangements. See the next two questions for more details on the two types of possible purchase arrangements (Cash or Terms).
Q: What is the typical closing process for an All-Cash sale?
- Make contact to verify property is available. The closing process starts after confirmation of payment. Payment to be made via one of the arrangements listed above in the previous question. Or other arrangements as needed (we like to get creative). We will then send an information form to get your name, address, contact information (for county Treasurer), and vesting information on how you wish to take title to the property (Ex. – John Smith and Jane Smith, husband and wife, as Joint Tenants). We will execute a Purchase and Sale Agreement (which lays out the terms of the transaction), a property transfer affidavit / excise tax form (as applicable to state/county of land jurisdiction), and a Purchaser Disclosure Acknowledgement. Documents will either be sent for signature in digital format using SignNow.com, or via a tracked delivery service if the county requires an original wet-ink signature on the Excise Tax Affidavit.
- A one-time documentation processing fee of $249 will be due and payable in the payment process above (unless specifically waived as part of a promotion). Property taxes billed after closing will be the buyer’s responsibility.
- We will then prepare a deed to transfer ownership (the conveyance document will be a Special Warranty Deed unless noted otherwise). The notarized deed and the signed Transfer Tax Affidavit will be sent to the county Recorder’s Office and Treasurer respectively. Unless other arrangement have been made, Havens Land Enterprises will be covering the recording fees and transfer/excise taxes due. The original Deed will be sent to you by the county recorder/clerk after the recording process is complete (usually two to four weeks). If a buyer requests an escrow/ title company close, they will be responsible for the additional fees. The same goes for acquiring title insurance (unless being provided by us as to be noted in the listing details). We stand behind our properties and will remedy any unusual circumstances, or we will utilize our guarantee for a refund or property exchange.
- Enjoy Life! Start enjoying your land, and making plans for how you will use it.
Q: What is the process for an Owner Financed Terms Sale?
- The process is similar to a cash sale (as described above), except for how the conveyance is completed. Think of it as a simple mortgage.
- A set of closing documents will be sent to you using SignNow.com (a digital document signature service). We use a Land Contract, Purchase and Sale Agreement, Purchaser Disclosure Acknowledgement Form, Recurring Payment Form, and a Promissory Note, and collect a down payment per the terms of the contracts. The contract will state all the transaction terms (such as down payment, monthly payment, and number of payments to pay off the note balance). All of our owner finance arrangements feature a zero interest rate and no prepayment penalty. 100% of your monthly payment goes to principal pay-down to build your equity quickly. A one-time document processing fee of $249 will be payable as part of the closing process, and a monthly loan servicing fee of $7 will be included as part of the monthly payment. Payments to be made using our ACH account (unless other arrangements have been made).
- We will pay the property taxes when due, and the buyer agrees to reimburse us for all taxes due and accrued from the contract date.
- When the contract terms have been met, we will transfer the title via a Special Warranty Deed (unless specified otherwise) within 30 days. This process is the same as described in #3 above for a cash sale closing process. Havens Land Enterprises will cover the recording fees and transfer taxes (unless other arrangements have been agreed upon).
- Enjoy Life! Start enjoying your land, and making plans for how you will use it.
Q: Are there back taxes or liens involved?
A: Typical parcels will be current and clear of liens at time of purchase. We research title before we purchase, and we will fully disclose the known condition of title with the goal of providing a clean title at time of closing. We will also disclose if we will be obtaining title insurance. We do recommend that every buyer do their own title research (directly or thru a title company), and obtain a title insurance policy as an additional measure if so desired (as Havens Land Enterprises does not guarantee titles).
Q: Can I go see the property?
A: Yes. We will assist with directions and GPS coordinates as needed. We also have our 100 day money back guarantee. This allows you the confidence of locking up a property and making plans for visiting the property.
Q: What about zoning and land use restrictions?
A: Zoning and Land Use will be listed in the ad to the extent we know it. We recommend buyers contact the county, city, or township where the property is located to talk to the applicable zoning and planning department(s) to determine if the planned activities and uses are allowed or prohibited (including any applicable time limits, permitting requirements, and licenses).
Need To Sell Your Land?
How Much Cash Can You Get For Your Land?
Fill Out The Quick Form Below To Get A No-Hassle
No-Obligation All-Cash Offer